What to Expect
What Should You Expect as a Participant?
The completion of a temple in our area is a great reason to celebrate. On a small scale we will be echoing the celebration recalled in the Book of Job referring to the excitement in the Pre-existence of our Heavenly Father’s great plan – “When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy.” We plan to celebrate our gratitude for our blessings in our own grand fashion. Please prepare yourself to be a part of the mighty spirit of the event.
- This is a great honor and a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. We will be blessing the community with our testimonies and spirit. Please prepare for a great spiritual experience.
- This event has earned the distinction of a “First Presidency Event”.
- A member of the First Presidency will attend this event as well as other General Authorities of the Church.
- You each have a personal responsibility to be prepared.
- You will be asked to provide black pants, a white collared, buttoned shirt and black shoes and socks. (For “Take Me Out to the Ballgame” a ball cap and a jersey if possible.)
- You should be committed to attending ward rehearsals on Young Men and Young Women nights in April and May to prepare.
- You need to be aware of the required Regional Rehearsal, you must attend as well as the required rehearsal on May 30 for all performers and the rehearsal and performance times on June 6. See “Main calendar of events” on this site for more information.
- You should be aware of “other opportunities” and you’re encouraged to audition or participate if interested in those opportunities.
- You will be expected to adhere to proper standards, conduct, attire, etc. during all celebration activities.